Sunday, October 31, 2010

Working on the Nursery...

Ouch. Travis and I have spent our last Halloween / Halloween weekend (as just the two of us), painting Blair's room. It's amazing how much faster the job gets done with two people (makes me wonder how I possibly painted the rest of the house alone!). Her room is now painted "Timeless Taupe." We finished the taupe yesterday, and I painted the trim today... and OMG... I am hurting EVERYWHERE. Note to anyone planning on having children in the near future: go ahead and paint the room now! I am completely zapped of all energy and muscle control, and my two tylenol limit (per day) isn't cutting it!

Next up on the list of things to do, is hang her blinds, paint the doors, shampoo the carpet, and start assembling her furniture. We picked up her crib this weekend, but the dresser won't be available until later this week or next weekend. Booo. I'm trying to stay motivated with my current list so I can get to the FUN stuff!

Latest bump picture, with my amazing hubby, below! :)


In recognition of November being "Prostate Cancer Awareness Month," Travis is participating in a fundraiser at work in hopes of raising money for this cause. I am proud of him for taking part in such a worthy cause - despite it meaning that he has to grow a mustache, thus pushing our Christmas card photos to December! :) Please see below!

This Movember I've decided to donate my face to raising awareness about cancers that affect men. My commitment is the growth of a moustache for the entire month of Movember, which I know will generate conversation, controversy and laughter.

I'm doing this because:

- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in his lifetime
- 1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer during his lifetime


This is a cause that I feel passionately about and I'm asking you to support my efforts by making a donation to support the great work of the Prostate Cancer Foundation and LIVESTRONG. To help, you can either:

- Click this link http://us.movember.com/mospace/782516/ and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account; or

- Write a check payable to Movember, referencing my name or Registration Number 782516 and mailing it to: Movember, PO Box 2726, Venice, CA 90294-2726

The money raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others, through the world's most promising prostate cancer research and LIVESTRONG's programs that support young adults and their families battling and surviving cancer.

For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please visit http://us.movemberfoundation.com/research-and-programs/.

Thank you!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful and safe Halloween and a great week!

(PS - I welcome any and all candy donations!)

No comments: