Sunday, October 17, 2010

Tickled Pink!

Well, if I thought that Wednesday night was exciting and overwhelming... we have topped that! After spending some time with Allyson, Richard, and their new son Hudson, I decided I could not wait any longer to find out the gender of our baby! Travis, being the uber patient and wonderful husband he is, suggested we call my Mom's friend, Kelly (an ultrasound tech) to see if she might be able to scan us that night (at 6pm on Saturday). Luckily, Kelly was on call and graciously met us up at the hospital (in La Grange!) to help us with this age old question... boy or girl?

Almost immediately, my Mother gasped and held back a giggle. After about 15 seconds of checking to be sure, Kelly let us know that we were having a GIRL! 100%, without a doubt, girl.



I was so surprised and shocked... we were just SURE it was a boy. All of the old wives tales, the gender predictor test, the Chinese predictor test... all of it pointed to a boy! Despite being completely surprised, Travis and I are SO thrilled, excited and happy! It really makes this whole journey so much more real! And its hard to believe that SHE will be here in just a few short months.

And I am so ready to do some shopping! Today, we are going with Nancy (my mother-in-law) to go crib shopping. She says that when she was pregnant with Travis, her mother-in-law took her crib shopping! So today we continue in that tradition. I will also be loading up on some adorable girl clothing. Bring on the pink, bows, and precious outfits!

Like I said before, we have not decided on a girl's name just yet... but there are many lists and ideas!


Oh what fun!


As I mentioned earlier, we spent some time over at the Sherrill's house yesterday to see Ally's new baby, Hudson. He is the spitting image of Richard and the sweetest baby! He makes the cutest sounds and can make you melt!




We are so excited to share this wonderful news with you all! Thanks to everyone that voted on the poll! :) Looks like some of you were right!


XoXoX


No comments: