Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 - A new year... a new page!

Happy New Year!!! We hope y'all had a fun and safe NYE! Travis and celebrated with a NYE lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Tony Mandolas (who catered our wedding). Their food is soooo delicious. They are moving to a temporary location next week until their new location is finished. If you are ever looking for a great seafood restaurant to go to, definitely give them a try, we highly recommend them!

Travis and I spent the evening in the comforts of the Wright home, with scotch (for Travis) and an ice cold coke (for me)! Not the most exciting New Year's we've had, but nothing beats a night in with your best friend, no matter what day of year it is.

Our family has a long standing tradition of eating a "good luck" meal on New Year's Day... today was no exception. The menu included ham, macaroni and cheese, spinach (sauteed for me, a salad for Travis), black eyed peas and cornbread. Yes, clearly I was raised in the south (I would eat cornbread with just about every meal!)! Haha. We are hoping for another wonderful year of luck, prosperity, and good fortune (and a little wealth never hurts!).

Today we got around to taking down the Christmas tree and decorations... luckily it didn't take as long to take down, as they do to put up. Tomorrow, we plan on cleaning out the garage! Well, at least getting started on it. We have quite the task ahead of us, but with Craig and Ligia's baby shower only 2 weeks away (we are co-hosting at our home!), it needs to be done. We are looking forward welcoming our first niece, Zoey, in early February. I know Craig and Ligia are so excited and it will be wonderful for Blair to have a cousin so close in age, just as Travis's sister Loren and their cousin Katie are.

Two little granddaughters in just two months... my parents are thrilled (especially my Mom- who is looking forward to adding to the 'female' numbers... she is terribly outnumbered!). That being said, EVERYONE in our family is extrememly thrilled. Blair will be the first grandchild for Travis' parents, so it is a very exciting time for all of us.

86 days to go... time is beginning to pass much quicker as I enter into the third trimester. I am starting to understand why they say the second trimester is your honeymoon trimester. I am so lucky to have Travis who has made the experience much more comfortable and comforting. He participates in it all... nursery decisions, making sure I take care of myself and take my prenatals, never telling me "no"- no matter how ridiculous I sound, and going to all of my doctor appointments. I couldn't be more grateful for my wonderful husband and the amazing partner he is and that we are on this journey together.

Just wanted to remind you all that LSU (ranked 11th) plays in the Cotton Bowl against Texas A&M (ranked 17th) this Friday night (January 7th at 7pm). Let's GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Wishing you all a healthy, happy and prosperous 2011; from our growing family to yours!!! :)

No comments: