Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Quiet Weekend...

This weekend was a quiet one! Travis left on Friday afternoon to fly to New Orleans for his friend Keith's bachelor party. Being that New Orleans is one of my absolute favorite cities, I was very jealous! I knew that Travis and the boys would have a great time and it would be a fun weekend for them.

I took the opportunity to enjoy a weekend of pampering... a pedicure on Friday and getting my hair colored (with low lights) on Saturday. I spent some of Saturday afternoon shopping for some ADORABLE clothes for Blair at Carter's (in my defense, I had a coupon!) and meeting my whole family for lunch. On Saturday night, I met Cheryl and Courtney for dinner. We had a great time catching up (all three and a half hours of it!) and having some good, quality girl time.

Travis flew home today, and despite a delayed flight and turbulent weather, he made it home in one piece this afternoon. The "kids" and I really missed having him home!

In August, we are planning our first vacation with Blair - to New Orleans. It will be a big Almon family vacation to celebrate Conner's 21st birthday and I am so excited! I haven't been to New Orleans in a couple of years, and it will be so much to go with our family and the newest members. The only part I am not excited about, is the hot and humid August weather... but I am still looking forward to the trip.

I'm off to spend some time with my husband... did I mention how glad I am to have him home?!? :)

No comments: