Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30 Week Update

This week I am at 30 weeks, which means that I've got 10 (or hopefully less!) weeks to go! Today I had another doctor appointment to check and see how everything is going. Blair's heart rate sounds great and she continues to be a very active little girl. At my next appointment (in two weeks), we'll get to have an ultrasound to check and see how our little girl is growing. Here are my latest 'stats':
  • Total weight gain (since becoming pregnant): 18 pounds
  • Waist: 37.5 inches
  • Pregnancy cravings: nothing unusual... I eat cereal pretty frequently, I have now become dependent upon a morning glass of chocolate milk - which I lovingly call my "coffee," and pastries (croissants and blueberry muffins to be specific), which sound good on a daily basis.
  • Other "fun" symptoms / side effects: I get dehydrated very easily, despite my constant intake of water - which leads to painful charlie horses in the middle of the night (no fun). I have also noticed that I have to move and walk around a lot more frequently, otherwise my whole midsection (pelvis) is very stiff and uncomfortable. This is especially noticeable while I am at work. Heartburn is a daily occurrence and has become the norm. I still eat pretty frequently (5 - 6 times a day) as to avoid nausea.
  • Below is an updated belly picture...

I recently talked to my employer about my maternity leave... well, it's not really called maternity leave, but short term disability. Lovely. Anyways, my plan is to be home for about 6 weeks, then when I go back to work, I'll decrease my hours to 30 hours per week. This will enable me to get off around 2pm everyday and have time to spend with Blair and Travis (since Trav gets off work at 3pm). I think that this is a great way to balance working, motherhood, and being a wife. Luckily my boss was very understanding (and grateful I was still going to work 5 days a week) and gracious to afford me the reduced schedule. :)

Ok, so it's been over a week since Craig and Ligia's shower and I have pictures to post! Yay! Such a fun shower and so happy for the soon-to-be parents! FYI - the pictures are a little blurry because I took them off of Facebook!






Hope you are having a great week!

No comments: