Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Childbirth Classes - 1 down, 2 to go!

Last night, Travis and I attended the first of three childbirth classes offered by our doctor's office. We go back next Monday night, then the Monday after that and we are done... pros at this whole childbirthing thing. Ok, that's a joke, but it's good to have a little preview of what's coming our way for labor and delivery. I will say that the video we watched documented three different women in their labor and delivery process. Nice, and I appreciated the variety of perspective, but all three women were going at it - sans epidural or any pain medication. While it was not entirely graphic, I felt that the only thing missing was a leather strap to bite down on. The group did get a chuckle when the Nurse Practitioner asked who was planning on delivering "naturally" and not one person raised their hand.

I've said it before and I will say it again... I am no one's hero. Bring on the epidural, pain meds, and vodka (for after the delivery, of course). I'm ready.

Enjoying this amazing thunderstorm right now... so grateful that I was able to get home from work before it started!

Oh! Just a quick note... the garage got a major clean-out this weekend! I did the supervising and Travis did the heavy leg work. The garage looks so much better and this weekend we are going to go through a bunch of boxes of paperbooks to donate to Katy Budget books. This will free up even more space... yay! :)

No comments: