Thursday, January 13, 2011

28 Weeks

I have been meaning to blog every day this week, but work has been crazy busy and I am usually in bed pretty early these days. On Tuesday, I went to bed at 7:30pm and slept until 6am. Yeah, it's like that.

Monday night we had our second childbirth class. Nothing too exciting (or graphic). We are looking forward to next week's class (which also happens to be the last class) because we get to tour the hospital where we will have Blair. Yay!

Tuesday we went to my doctor appointment... not much to report. Our appointments are pretty boring, but that is good! I have gained a total of 16 lbs (since becoming pregnant), which I think most of it is in the tummy. Blair continues to move a lot! She is always moving and reminding me (like I could forget!) that she is there. Travis and I continue to read to her at nights, which is a family activity. Raleigh and Kingsley even like the stories!

With only a couple more months until Blair's long awaited arrival, we've been busy getting her room ready, planning showers, and nesting. We put together her bookcase and have already started filling it with all kinds of books. The only "big" thing left to get is a glider, which we are hoping to purchase in the next couple of weeks. Then we'll need to actually hang things on her walls... but I am waiting to do that until we get all of the big furniture. I can't wait to post pictures, you are going to love it. Or in the very least, think it's cute! :)

This weekend we are hosting a shower for my brother Craig and his girlfriend Ligia at our home. Their daughter, Zoey, will be arriving VERY soon. We are so excited to not only see close family and friends this weekend, but to welcome our first niece! First time aunt/uncle and first time parents in 2011... what a year for Travis and I!

This past week we were hit with some cold weather! All week it has been in the 30's... luckily we haven't had any freezes (like last year), but it sure is cold in the mornings and at night! And I was just starting to get used to the mild winter...

Last Friday, LSU played in the Cotton Bowl vs Texas A&M. We started off a little shaky, but after the Aggies' adrenaline wore off, the Tigers handled business. We had a viewing party at Christopher's house and I am pretty sure the neighbors were none too pleased with the loud LSU fans. What can I say? We love LSU football... love purple, live gold!

We have a busy weekend ahead of us, so I need to get into bed. Will try and blog after Craig and Ligia's shower!

No comments: