Monday, February 21, 2011

A Weekend of Celebrating!

Whew, what a busy week and weekend! I say that from the comforts of my home on a Monday... I had to call in sick today because I was so exhausted from the weekend. Being 8 months pregnant, I have forgotten that I can't do as much as I used to. You forget how easily your ability to recover is. Ok, here's what all happened...

Friday, Travis surprised me with a beautiful arrangment of red roses at work. They were huge and so beautiful... such a wonderful birthday surprise. Friday night Travis and I went to Damian's (downtown) and had a delicious Italian dinner. It was so nice to go downtown and have a nice romantic dinner to celebrate our birthdays!

On Saturday, Travis and I attended our second baby shower... a shower given to us by my closest girlfriends, Allyson, Cheryl, Courtney and Roslyn, one of my mothers-in-law. It was such a fabulous couple's shower... the girls had decorated and planned everything down to a "t." From the baby onesies, to the favors to the food... I don't know how I am ever going to be able to top hosting a shower like that! It was so wonderful to see all of our friends and family (even Zoey made her first public appearance to be there!) and to celebrate our baby girl! I can't wait to post pictures, I hope to get the pics soon so you can all see. A big THANK YOU to not only the guests, but the amazing and generous hosts. We truly appreciate it and love you all!

Our friends Casey and Jordan were sweet enough to bring us a TON of adorable baby clothes that their daughter Reagan had grown out of. There were so many clothes, I was convinced that Blair would not be able to wear all of them so I divided up the clothes and gave half to Zoey. I don't think that Blair will be repeating an outfit for quite some time. Thank you Casey and Jordan!

Saturday after our shower, Travis and I went to Benjys in Rice Village to meet up with his coworkers for a few late drinks. Travis' boss's boss was in town from Canada, so I got a chance to meet him and chat with his coworkers. I love Travis' new group... they are a lot of fun and really nice!

Sunday we celebrated our birthdays (again!) with my family at Lasagna House. Everyone was there and it was a delicious! We are a big group, but we always have a lot of fun! Mom and Dad had given us the 3D/4D ultrasound for our birthdays, so it was neat to see everyone and talk about seeing our Blair in "real life."

Sunday afternoon was spent purchasing Blair's stroller, doing baby laundry, and working on the bathroom. Doing Blair's laundry was very surreal, it was just another reminder of how soon she will actually be here. I am so excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time. It's like a dream that is soon becoming a wonderful reality.

Unfortunately, after a very busy weekend filled with excitement, I was exhausted. Literally. I started feeling bad last night and it lasted all night. I didn't even eat a steak dinner Travis had prepared! Between horrible nausea, a very sore back and dreaded acid reflux (which has cropped up in the last week and occurs in the middle of every night and makes me terribly miserable), I was a mess. I came to realize that I had pushed it too far this weekend. Too many events and not enough rest forced me to call into work today. I hated to call in sick this close to the end of the pregnancy, but my body needed rest, and I needed to do what was best for me and my little one. I was ordered to rest and hydrate (which I did!). I did do a little online shopping, getting some of the last minute baby things that we needed (a diaper bag, more bottles, and Blair's bathtub).

Tomorrow afternoon I have my 34 week checkup with Dr. Schmidt. I suspect that soon we'll be seeing her once a week. How quickly Blair's arrival is coming! I get butterflies every time I think about holding her (or is that her little feet kicking my ribs?!?). After carrying her for 9 months, I am MOST excited about Travis getting to hold her. I think my life and my heart will be complete.

Pictures below are of my birthday roses (not to be confused with my beautiful Valentine's Day arrangment!), Trav and I before our dinner date, and a belly shot at 33 1/2 weeks.




We feel so very blessed and fulfilled being surrounded by such wonderful friends, family and immeasurable amounts of love. Travis and I couldn't be luckier.

Lots of LOVE,

A & T

No comments: