Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Sneak Peek at Blair's Nursery

"Sometimes the smallest things
Take up the most room in your heart"
-Winne the Pooh
As promised, here are some pictures of Blair's nursery. I didn't make nearly the progress that I had intended, due to the wall vinyl experiment. I have never used wall vinyls before, so Trav and I were brave to try it out for Blair's wall. Let me just tell you - it is stressful! Maybe because the quote that we had picked was so large and the font was very "loopy." It was very difficult to carefully peel off the backing and then to secure it to the wall, but once we did - it was worth it. I needed a nap after we finished! :)
We have a few unfinished mini projects for her room, one being a photo collage I am putting together of pictures of Travis and I when we were younger (2-3 years old). I am putting the pictures in 5x7" white frames, and we are mixing them- color and black & white. I still have a couple of pictures left to get, but you'll see the start of the project below. Once we finish, we'll hang them on the wall.

Blair's Monogrammed Bloomers
The first thing I bought for the nursery... a Thomas Kinkade print of Peter Pan

THE wall vinyl

A view of Blair's room, peeking in from the door


I love this!

The photo collage project

Blair's Lladro lamp... Mimi made the lamp shade!

A peek inside the crib

Hanging shelf that holds mine and Trav's silver cups, baby mementos and Nao figurines

Blair's book shelf
We still have some things to finish up... the room is definitely coming together. I can be a little picky about the look and feel of her room... that's why it is still "in progress." It has certainly come a long way from when we started last August. I hope to have it complete by the end of February... that way all we will missing in the room is our Blair Bear.


No comments: