Wednesday, September 28, 2011

6 Months - and wondering where time went...

Today, my Wiggles turned 6 months old. It's strange to think that this time last year - I was in my first trimester, wondering what our baby would be like. And now, we are half way through her first year and she is even more wonderful and perfect than I dreamed she would be. She really is a dream come true. To say that we are (still) smitten with Blair, is well, an understatement. I do my best to enjoy every breathing second and to live in each precious moment.


I will confess that I had to work late so I didn't put Blair through her monthly photo shoot. I figured one day wouldn't make too much of a difference - so we will do it tomorrow before dinner with Grandpa George.


Blair hasn't done much sleeping for us the last few days. After being sick this weekend, she has slept terribly. Monday night she was up every 2 hours and each time, she was awake for about 20 - 30 minutes. It. Was. Brutal. Last night, Travis took baby duty and got up with her - every 3 hours. Not much better. She is still going to bed between 6 and 7pm (usually closer to 6pm) and getting up about 5:30am. I think she has been giving Ligia 3 (ish) hour naps during the day, so I am glad she is getting some rest (though it would sure be nice if B would throw us a bone!). I actually don't mind getting up with her in the middle of the night - it's quiet and you can feel the stillness and it feels like she and I are the only ones in the world. It is a special time. For as much as I love the time, my body does not like the lack of sleep. The 6 months of sleep deprivation is really catching up with me.


She is getting better about putting herself down. Not too much fussing and after a few minutes of rolling around, she generally falls asleep. Now if she would just stay asleep...


Blair does really well at meal times. She eats most veggies and fruits and this past week I started her on yogurt. Bananas are her favorite! We buy a mix of brands so that she will like all mixes and textures. They have some really cool food for babies... "Earth's Best" have really neat blends (right now she is eating the Whole Grains and Antioxident varities). I love the convenience of the "pouches" for when we are out to eat. You can attach a little spoon on the end and you're good to go with a free hand to eat. Brilliant. Blair still takes bottles in between meals - when she wants one. Sometimes she is interested, and sometimes she is not. She always has a bottle before bed.


B is still working on both the sitting (she still needs pillows for support) and the crawling. She's got the leg movements down, but coordinating the arms and legs - well, it's a work in progress. Once she takes off, everything will change. I really need to get to baby proofing. I mentioned in my last post that Blair lifts her arms to be picked up. I don't know why it is so darn cute. Maybe because it's a physical way of her communicating that she wants me (even if it is to be held). Everytime I pick her up, she wraps her arms around my neck / shoulders and squeezes. It makes me melt every time, without fail.


Blair continues to be a happy girl that always has plenty to say (and even more so if she is showing off for company) and smiles to give. The smiles are hard to capture with my camera, but that's ok. Her are some of her favorite things: bouncing in her jumper, anything Raleigh does, baths, songs like "The Wheels on the Bus" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," Sesame Street (and God help me from singing the "Flying Fairy School" song in public / at work!), reading books and putting anything her mouth.


Speaking of, we still have no teeth. There is always plenty of drooling and chewing on stuff, but no teeth. (Sigh). Since Blair is now 6 months, I have finally accepted / decided that I have a blue eyed daughter. Not to sound like I don't absolutely love those eyes... I was just afraid to say, "her eyes are blue" until she got old enough and we were sure. Well, we are sure. They are this fabulous shade of blue / gray with a navy ring around the outside of the iris. She gets those baby blues from her Grandpa and my late grandmother Janie. I never thought we would have a baby with blue eyes, but we do.


Let's see... other stats. We have her 6 month check up in another week and a half, so we'll find out her height and weight & percentiles. B is still in size 3 diapers. We have started putting her in night time diapers because her usual day time ones leak. Actually, sometimes those leak too. Oh well.


Blair is still wearing size 9 month clothes... but I can tell they are getting a little more snug. I am hoping that they will hold out until we get into fall (yes, it is still 100 degrees at the end of September!). Then it will be time for a whole new wardrobe. Yay!


Fall. Wow. It's nearly time for cool weather, pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I am excited to think of the special memories we will make as our little family of three. I am also excited about carrying out our traditions with Blair. How blessed we are to have so much. So much love. So much laughter. So many things to be thankful for... most of all, our little Blair.


Happy 6 month birthday my sweet baby... Mommy and Daddy love you so much! ♥


Pictures will be posted soon!


No comments: