Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another Christmas Party, the Nutcracker and a Shower!

It was another busy weekend for the Wrights! I was finally able to get rid of that pesky sinus infection, though my sciatica flared up pretty badly towards the end of this week / weekend. Lots of massages from my wonderful husband and a good heating pad have helped lessen the pain.

Friday night, we attended Travis' Christmas party for Direct Energy. It was held at the House of Blues in downtown Houston. The party was really great... the organizers put a lot of work into it and it paid off. Of the three we have attended in the past, this was by far, the best one! The food was fantastic (haha, you knew I would comment on that!). I got a chance to meet most of Travis' new group, which was really great to finally put faces to the names. He's in a really great group and I know that he has really enjoyed the transition to working with the traders. On Wednesday night, we have a group dinner with his team at Eddie V's, a new steakhouse / seafood restaurant in City Center. We are definitely looking forward to it!

Saturday, Travis and I attended the matinee showing of The Nutcracker at the Wortham Center. It's been years since Travis and I had been, so it was really fun to do something so neat during the holiday season. There were so many cute little girls dressed up in their cutest Christmas dresses... it made T and I so excited thinking about bringing Blair in the years to come!

A short rest after the ballet, we headed to a Couple's shower for our friends Keith and Brooke. Keith was Travis' big brother in their fraternity at Baylor. Keith and Brooke are getting married in Sonoma, CA in February and since I will be in my eighth month, we will be unable to attend. We were so glad to be able to see them and congratulate them on their upcoming nuptials.

Today, we got up early and did some Christmas shopping and then spent all afternoon wrapping presents. I think we are about 90% done shopping (thank goodness!), with just a few small things left to get. Needless to say, after a super busy weekend, I took a long afternoon nap! Now just hoping I can actually fall asleep tonight!

My belly continues to grow and the 'bump' has turned into a 'hill.' Blair continues to move around a lot and be very active. I definitely feel like I (my stomach) am stretching out making more room for the baby. It's all very surreal, but such a wonderful experience that I am so grateful to be going through with Travis.

It's been awhile since I have posted any updated belly pictures, but I will do so this week! 5 more days until I am off for an entire week! I am so excited to have some time off to prepare for Christmas and just sleep in and relax!

No comments: