Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Christmas Party, Christmas Shopping, and a Sinus Infection.

This past week, I have been working hard on my company's Christmas party, which was held on Friday night. It has been a lot of work, but I think it went well and that my boss was happy with the outcome. The food was great, Toast & Jam (the band... yes, a very clever name) performed well, and the bar was a hit! I'll be honest, I am glad it's over! :) Hopefully my next two weeks of work will be a little more relaxed (and then, I get the ENTIRE week off!).

Yesterday Travis and I did some Christmas shopping and enjoyed a delicious dinner at Carrabba's. We enjoy picking out Christmas gifts for our families every year and celebrating the holidays with each family. We have created a slew of family traditions that we are excited to carry out each year.

Unfortunately, I started getting a sore throat last night, and this morning woke up feeling less than great. Looks like I have the start of a sinus infection. With Travis being sick with a bad sinus infection last weekend (over the long holiday weekend), I am not looking forward to being 'down for the count.' Travis went to CVS early this morning to get me medicine, cough drops and a heating pad. Hoping that a long afternoon on the couch will keep it from getting much worse. Fingers crossed anyways.

Update on Movember.... we all survived, the mustache did not. Travis was able to raise money to go towards Prostate Cancer research, for which I am very proud of him. I think all of the guys on Travis' mustache team were pretty excited to liberate their faces of the scratchy mustaches... and I am pretty sure the wives were even happier! :)

Next weekend will be a busy weekend for the Wrights! We have Travis' Christmas party for Direct Energy at the House of Blues on Friday night. Tickets to the Nutcracker on Saturday afternoon, and a Couple's shower for our friends Keith and Brooke on Saturday night. Needless to say, it's going to be a fun weekend, but a super busy one. I think we will spend Sunday on the couch recovering, watching football.

Blair continues to be an active little girl, bouncing around in my stomach all the time. I absolutely love feeling her move around and Travis and I really enjoy reading to her and playing music for her. She seems to be a fan of "Vampire Weekend" and is most active during their songs. We are just so excited to meet her... less than 4 months to go!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and I will try and post more soon!!!

No comments: