Tuesday, December 21, 2010

25 Week Update

Today I went in for my 25 week appointment... it was the 'dreaded' glucose testing appointment. The last time I saw Dr. Schmidt, she sent me home with the orange colored juice to drink 30 mins before my appointment. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad (I even let Travis try it)! It tasted like a flat orange soda, which was better than I expected. The visit was pretty uneventful (which is always good!) and we go back in three weeks. Then, we'll see Dr. Schmidt every TWO weeks! When she said that, it really hit home that in just 15 weeks, Blair will be here! After the finger prick (I passed the glucose test), Travis and I went and enjoyed a late lunch after my 12 hour fast!

My stats thus far...
  • I've gained a total of 12 pounds since becoming pregnant
  • My waist is at 35 inches (I really wish I had measured pre-pregnancy)
  • No unusual cravings... though I never turn down cereal, seafood (shellfish only), and candy or any sweet treats

With Christmas just a few days away, I've been doing my last minute shopping (since I have the entire week off!) and wrapping gifts. I have a few little things left to get for Travis, but I am almost done! I got Blair's personalized bloomers and adorable tutu this week... they are SO SO SO precious and cannot wait to see her in them. For now, they are wrapped under the tree that we will open for her on Christmas morning.

Last night, we had dinner with some good friends of ours, Nic and Jill Perez, Fielding, Jessica and Little Fielding Lewis, and Greg Goolsby. It was good to see everyone and catch up - especially since there was a new addition to the group. We finally got a chance to meet Fielding and Jessica's new son, Fielding (jr). He was SO cute and so well behaved. Unfortunately due to Jessica's due date, she and Fielding missed the THS reunion in August... and good thing too since Jessica went into labor just 2 days later!!! We were so happy to finally get to meet the little guy and know that he and Blair are going to have so much fun together!

This past weekend we celebrated Christmas with the Wright side of our family. We had a great time exchanging gifts, eating a yummy dinner, and visiting. Blair even did a little kicking so that everyone could feel! :)

I am so excited about the most recent purchase made for Blair! We ordered it this weekend and hope to get it soon. It's a Mamaroo infant seat. The neat thing about the seat is that it has 5 unique motions: car ride, kangaroo, tree swing, rock-a-bye, and ocean wave. It also plays white noise, nature sounds or you can hook up your MP3 player for a more custom playlist. :)


Lastly, here are some updated belly pictures... the first two are 21 week belly pics, and the last two are 24 week pics!




Travis and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: