Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Update

This cold and (somewhat) dreary Sunday finds Travis and I snuggled up on the couch, watching the Texans game. Yesterday we helped Loren and Shaun host a Couples Wedding shower for Shaun's brother Shelby, and his fiance Marianne. The house is now super clean and everything went really well! The "Shoe Game" (played at mine and Travis' shower) was a big hit. Loren was a great host and did a wonderful job! :)

So did I mention that I am loving this clean house? Because I am!

I guess I should rewind and give a 'last weekend' update. Last weekend we were in East Texas visiting family. We got to watch Kelly do her "Cherokee Charmer" thing at the Jacksonville High School football game, which was so much fun and neat to watch. It was also the 70th Anniversary of the Tomato Bowl, so it was an extra special night to be there. Uncle Windol and Aunt Sharon were so hospitable and let us stay at their lake house while in town. We had a great time seeing the family and we are looking forward to seeing them again for Thanksgiving.

We also went to Tyler to visit Granny, Grandad and Aunt Lori. It was so nice to visit as we don't get to see them near often enough! Aunt Lori got Blair some adorable baby gifts, including bibs, blankets and the smallest, cutest white shoes I have ever seen. We enjoyed having lunch and catching up with them! Blair will be so lucky to not only have her grandparents, but great-grandparents as well. I know that they Tyler Wrights are looking forward to meeting our little girl.

Ok, back to this week. Blair has been quite the active little mango. The flutters have been replaced with stronger kicks. She seems to like to move around and kick at night while I am laying on my back (and trying to sleep!). She also seems to be a little shy when there is an audience, as I keep grabbing Travis' hand so he can feel any movement or kicks, and of course, she stops moving. This past Wednesday night, he did get to feel a nice hard kick. It was really exciting! I know as she continues to grow, that he will feel more.

Speaking of active, Travis and I had dinners with our close friends, the Ashmans and Lyssys on Wednesday night and the Jetts on Friday night. We haven't seen any of them in ages, so it was so nice to catch up and visit. Matt and Megan's son, Caleb is getting so big. He will be 3 in March (right around when Blair should be here!) and we got a kick out of watching him try calamari (and liking it!) and eating a plateful of croutons. He was really too cute and so well behaved during dinner! :)

This Wednesday will mark two years since Travis' grandmother, Gaga, passed. We went out to Houston National Cemetery this morning to take her flowers. While sitting in the grass, holding Travis' hand, Blair gave me a nice strong kick... just one, I think to let us know that she knew we were visiting her Gaga. I am sad that Gaga will miss the chance to meet Blair and to share in all of the joys that her great-grandchildren will bring, but we will make sure to tell Blair and all of our children about their Gaga and what a special and incredibly strong woman she was. We all miss Gaga very much, but she is never far from our minds, especially around the holidays.

As I am hitting the half way mark this week (20 weeks!), it has made me realize the incredible journey we've been through and what is yet to come. I am so thankful for all of the blessings in my life. For my husband, for our health, for our growing, healthy baby girl, our family, our friends, our home. So many wonderful things have happened in the last few years... life continues to get better and I can't believe how lucky I am.

No comments: