Wednesday, November 24, 2010

21 Week Update

Today we went for our 21 week appointment with Dr. Schmidt. Everything is going great with our little girl... she is just over a pound now! The ultrasound tech took all of her measurements and checked all of her organs to make sure everything was developing properly (everything is great!). It was funny to watch her kick & feel it at the same time! She has been kicking so much lately and Trav has enjoyed being able to actually feel the karate kicks and jabs.

Travis and I thought she was the cutest (what parent wouldn't?!?) and loved getting to see her and watch her put her little hands up near her face. The first picture is just that, although it looks like she is sucking her thumb (awwww!).

The second picture is another profile shot and the third picture is of one of her feet. Too cute.

Travis and I are expecting Blair Melisse to arrive (as close to, or around) March 28th, 2011!




This past weekend Travis and I finished prepping her room (shampooing the carpet) and finally got to assemble her furniture! It was such an amazing experience (weird, I know). It felt like a rite of passage... putting together our first child's crib. It was really pretty easy to do and the changer/dresser came fully assembled. We were done in about an hour and a half. Once I get her room a little more complete, I will post pictures. For now I am just trying to decide how to arrange her furniture in the best way to make the most of the small space. I did take the time to put what clothes we do have, into her drawers. That was really neat and really made it feel more real.

As far as the pregnancy itself goes, I have been very lucky. No major issues and I am continuing to work full time. I have had some problems with my sciatic nerve, but other than that, just the normal side effects.... heartburn & indigestion, and a few other minor things. Pregnancy... so glamorous, let me tell you! Haha. I am enjoying it all though, even the adorable little stretch marks that have appeared. If this is what it takes, I'll do it happily to meet our little girl.

Tomorrow, following our first Thanksgiving (with the Bensons, Pikes & Cooks) we will be decorating our tree and putting out our Christmas decor. VERY excited about that! Friday, we will be having my family over for a less traditional style Thanksgiving... classic lasagna and seafood lasagna. I hear its supposed to get down to the low 30's on Friday night, so that will be really great and cozy to have on the heater! On Saturday, we will be celebrating Thanksgiving with the Wrights. It will be so great to see everyone and to spend some quality time with our families!
Travis and I want to wish you all a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving spent in the company of family and friends!
XOXOX

No comments: