Sunday, December 4, 2011

8 Months!

My little bear is 8 months old!


Last Monday (yes, a week and a half ago), Blair turned 8 months old. She is at such a fun age and is doing so much! I can hardly keep up with all of the changes! During Thanksgiving weekend, Blair learned to clap. That may not seem like a lot, but when you are watching this amazing little person learn and master such simple things... it is so neat and exciting.


My sweet girl has been feeling better (more about this a little later) and is crawling everywhere! She has been trying to pull up on things, including my legs, but still hasn't figured out exactly how. She tries hard though! Today at school, she bumped her head trying to pull up on the book shelf. I am not ever surprised with these little bumps and scratches... Blair is into and busy with everything.


Lately, Blair has been sleeping better - getting up only once or twice a night. I will take it! She is still going to sleep on the way home from school - making our time together during the week ver little. That has been very difficult on me and I am still adjusting to this change. Still no naps at school. Last weekend (here at the house), Blair took naps like most babies do! She was up bright and early, then mid morning took about an hour to an hour and a half nap, woke up, played and ate lunch, then was back down for another nap in the early afternoon. Both days. Wow. "Normal" sleeping... never thought I would see the day! :)


Blair is now rocking 4 teeth... the middle two on top and the middle two on bottom! I have no clue which ones are next. She likes to give us kisses, which is very cute. The other day she was trying to kiss Raleigh (and almost got him and a mouthful of puppy hair!). And I think she would kiss Kingsley if he hung around long enough.


We are getting into the Christmas and holiday spirit around the Wright house. We bought the Polar Express & the Charlie Brown 3-pack and I am looking out to record Home Alone. The Christmas tree is up (though missing a few finishing touches), decorations are out and my pantry is stocked with all of the ingredients you could possibly need to make cookies. I am so excited to celebrate Blair's first Christmas! This year is big... this is the year where "it" all starts. Memories, traditions... I love it!


The weather is finally COLD! Very cold! Today it was in the low 30's when we woke up and only got to about 50 degrees. Brrrr. Blair is getting a lot of use out of the soft, fleece jammies that Mimi and Gammy got for her. And her owl hat is getting a lot of play. Socks are now a must (and difficult with a crawler), and we warm up the car for at least 10 minutes before getting in. On a sad note, most of the 12 month fleece onesie outfits I bought are officially too short. Looks like we will be going back to Carter's for 18 month clothes. I will be waiting for those after Christmas killer deals.


Today I took Blair to see Dr. Kavin to assess her ears. Keep in mind that she has been on 3, yes 3, rounds of antibiotics. She has been acting more like herself, so we had our fingers crossed. Dr. K brought good news and bad news. Good news - her ears are no longer infected and red. Bad news - there is still fluid. He says that hopefully the fluid will drain, but if she gets another ear infection in the coming weeks, that we will have to go to the ear, nose and throat doctor to discuss tubes. If they will make her feel better, I am all for it. My poor little girl, I am just ready for her to be feeling better!


Here are some pictures of our sweet little girl at 8 months old!



She was more interested in watching the trees outside!



Murray finally got her attention!


Check out my girl's top two teeth! She has the sweetest little mouth. It is her Daddy's. When I imagined what Blair might look like, I had hoped she'd get her Daddy's lips. She did!


I think she looks so angelic here!



Preparing herself for Murray to "get" her



Silly girl


The demise of the sticker:

"Wait - what's that?"



"It crinkles like paper (and my nose!)..."



"Yep, a sticker!"



"It tastes good!"


So our little mover and shaker is transitioning into the Nursery B room. Miss Donna is looking forward to having Blair in her class. She was one of the first teachers we met and knew we were going to like her. We love all of B's teachers... and I know that her current teachers are going to miss Blair a lot.


This weekend we are excited to attend Travis' work Christmas party at the House of Blues. Then we have a dinner with his group next week which will be a lot of fun too. Travis has a great group of guys that he works with. If all of the stories Travis tells me were half as funny as he tells them, then I want to work there!


Happy 8 months to our Blair Melisse. We love her so very much and brings us more joy and love we ever thought possible.


No comments: