Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My baby girl is 9 months old!


9 months today! The only thing equally surprising to that, is the fact that I am posting this the same day! I still haven't posted pictures from CHRISTMAS... but I am waiting on family members for the digital pic files (wink, wink). I have been off all this week, so I now have the time to actually take her picture, blog, and other house-Mommy things. B and I are getting some much needed Mommy and Bug time. ♥


Ok, so Miss Thang. I would describe her as sweet, strong willed, silly, and feisty. Blair is at this really fun age where her personality is really shining through. It is so interesting to watch and interact with her on this level. Travis and I were just talking about how we miss her personality when she is not around. B has this really silly side of her that just cracks up her Daddy and I. We (Trav and I) are constantly laughing and always having fun, so I like that she gets that from us.


So far, so good... her ears have not been a problem. I am praying it stays that way. However we are going through our 9 month growth spurt which means lots of eating and sleeping. Not sleeping through the night of course, but needing naps during the days. And twice at that! Hey, that's what most kids do. Now if I could just get her napping at school...


Blair is also teething again, big time. Especially on the right side. We are trying those teething tablets in lieu of Tylenol. They seem to be helping, so that's good.


B is now big on clapping, blowing raspberries, and kissing! She loves to give "kisses" to her family. There were lots of kisses given out over the Christmas weekend. She does really well when we take her to restaurants or out running errands. As long as I am prepared with enough distractions and keep it relatively quick, she is a champ.


Crawling has now been mastered and now we are working on standing and balance. B stands on her own for 10 - 2o seconds at a time. She and I are working on her balance so she will be confident in taking steps. She loves to crawl after Raleigh and / or Kingsley and now assists with her laundry. Yep, my very own helper to pull clean clothes out of the laundry basket, one piece at a time.


Blair is still eating well and getting a mix of foods. I have now started to incorporate small pieces of table food. She isn't crazy about the small pieces of banana, but has liked the toast and pancakes. Next week we are going to try steamed pieces of carrots, sweet potatoes and peas. Yum! Blair still takes bottles in between meals & before bed. We joke that she is stock piling calories for the next day's activities and all the crawling she does. She is a busy little B.


This month was the most difficult yet to get her picture. She wouldn't lay still and kept wanting to grab the camera from me. So here is (the best of) what I did manage to get!













Blair and Chica

(from the Sprout channel... the story about this silly doll will be in the Christmas recap post!)


Looking forward to celebrating New Year's in a few days! After such an amazing 2011, I am excited to see what the new year will bring.


Happy 9 month birthday to my sweet daughter Blair!

No comments: