Monday, December 19, 2011

Does life get any better?

Saturday night, after the Bug went to bed, Travis and I had the greatest evening! It consisted of take out from Pei Wei, Home Alone, and wrapping Christmas presents in the living room. It was so much fun and made me remember to appreciate the small things. I am grateful for these moments shared with Travis.


Tonight, when I got home from work, Blair was asleep. About an hour or so after getting home, she woke up. I grabbed a bottle and quietly went into her room to rock her back down (times like this she justs wants to eat, then go back to sleep). She happily (and still 90% asleep) snuggled up next to me to have her bottle. After she ate, she peacefully slept while I just held her. I held her with my arms wrapped around her, touching as much as I could of her. I thought about how wonderful it felt and what therapy it was for my soul. Just then, I caught the tune of a familiar song, playing. It was the lullaby rendition of The Cure's "Just like heaven." And that's exactly what that moment was.


I hope that during the hustle and bustle of the holidays, you too are able to reflect on your blessings and appreciate the small things in life.


Life couldn't be better! ♥


No comments: