Monday, November 28, 2011

Blair's First Thanksgiving!

Quick Note: I started this blog post earlier in the week but never got around to posting it. Between chasing Blair around and trying to get the Christmas decorations out, blogging took a backseat. Even more so than usual.


Last week we celebrated Blair's first Thanksgiving! I got off work early and met Travis and Blair at home where we kicked off the long weekend with our new tradition of having Italian food the night before Thanksgiving.

Thursday morning we took flowers out to the cemetery for Gaga. Then we headed to Mimi and Pops' house to start cooking. We cooked and played all afternoon together and ate one of the best Thanksgiving dinners I have ever had. Everyone helped with different dishes and we feasted. The turkey was a 28 pound bird! The classics are there; turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes & gravy (my favorite gravy my Dad makes!), green bean casserole, and macaroni & cheese. This year we added corn casserole and sweet potatoes. I am still off sweet potatoes since early in my pregnancy with Blair, but Travis loves them. So I made those too! I made my first ever pumpkin pie for Travis. Dinner was awesome... I am thinking we need to do that meal again in a few months.

On Sunday we went to Gammy and GranDad's to celebrate and got to visit with Aunt Andressa and Daniel. Jourdan and Loren also came home for the weekend, so we got to see a lot of our family! George and Roslyn made a spread of brisket, chicken, pasta salad, beans, the works! After a yummy lunch we played with Blair while watching the Texans game.


Here are some pictures from the weekend! Four blissful days to spend with my favorite people.


I am very, very thankful.

Opening her Thanksgiving basket of fun stuff!


Her new Abby Cadabby book


Blair and Uncle Chris



Uncle Chris and Zoey


Blair and Zoey are having a conversation in Uncle Chris' lap. They are probably wondering why they are wearing the same thing.


Happy Thanksgiving (from a family full of LSU die hards!)!!!


Geaux Tigers!



Me and my girl (whom I cannot ever get to look at the camera while I am holding her)


Having a talk with LaLa Lamb


Supervising the cooking in the kitchen with GranDad


Sharing her teething toy with cousin Daniel


Blair and Aunt Andressa!


Daniel, Andressa and Blair (nearly 8 months)


Trying to get the teething toy from the Bug


Love this pic (and B is distracted by flowers... ha!)




Daniel, Andressa, Gammy, GranDad, Trav, B, Auntie Jourdan, Charlotte and Auntie Loren


My sweet, sweet little girl in her new jammies. Love this little girl to pieces. I think she looks like Auntie Loren when she was a baby!


Hope you and yours enjoyed your Thanksgiving too! :)


No comments: