Saturday, November 12, 2011

First Halloween!

Two weeks late... but you know what they say.


We had a blast celebrating Blair's first Halloween. We made it a weekend event!


First we started at St. Peter's Pumpkin Patch. We had to find the perfect pumpkin.



Blair would rarely look at the camera. She was mesmorized by the passing cars!

Seriously.


Then we came home and did some painting. Blair loves to finger paint. We traced her little feet and made them into ghosts. B took care of the rest.


Proud of her picture. Daddy has it hanging by his desk.


Then we did some rolling around and reading.


Blair and Raleigh helped Travis carve the pumpkin.


Travis working hard on Blair's pumpkin. :)


Big time helping.



On Sunday, we went with Mimi to Dewberry Farms. Should've brought her stroller, don't know what I was thinking.


Entrance to the corn maze. Blair had a great time wandering around in the maze, probably because we kept seeing groups of kids running around.


Mimi and Blair


Travis and Blair in a field of flowers



Blair and Mommy playing with some of the toys from her Halloween basket. Yes, the bib was also in there.


She loved the Murray doll. T and I have fun mimicking Murray's high pitched voice so Blair will laugh. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose.


Fun stuff. Oh, and that cute little outfit she is wearing? That's from Aunt Sara and the girls. It was precious. Ridiculously precious.


Blair's Pumpkin (the holes in the teeth are cavities)


We had such a good time, I think we wore ourselves out. We had a very rough night on Sunday night. Blair was very fussy and did not sleep. My left eye started really hurting and I immediately knew that I had been wearing my contacts for far too long. I also knew that going into work the next day was impossible. I had to call into work and take B to Dr. Kavin. Her ear was worse and we were told to begin the antibiotics immediately. Poor thing. I spent the afternoon at the eye doctor getting medicine / drops for my eyes. It wasn't much of Halloween for the Wrights. Blair was in bed early (as was I... I am talking 6:45pm) and Trav stayed up to greet the trick-or-treaters. We only got a few which was kind of a bummer. :(


I am very glad that we spent the weekend celebrating since Halloween (eve) was a little uneventful!


A Happy (belated) Halloween from the Wrights!


No comments: