Tuesday, May 29, 2012

14 Months!

Can you believe it? My angel baby is 14 months old! She is growing and changing faster than ever. I am happy to say that those ear tubes have been an absolute blessing! Blair has been sick a few times since having them put in and she has yet to get an ear infection. If your baby has suffered from chronic ear infections, then you know what a life changer this is. I am elated that Bug hasn't been put on any antibiotics since the surgery. I wish I could say that her attendance in school had gotten better, but Blair has gotten other viruses that has kept her out. Hoping that June is a better month!
My little snacker. Toddlers are long known for being snackers - and now I see & understand why! I am so happy when she actually eats - that I let her eat until she doesn't want to. Ok maybe that is a little stretched, but Blair is definitely a snacker. Lately I have gotten Blair to eat all kinds of fruit. She loved the blackberries at Mimi's house, eats quartered grapes and can finish a banana as a snack! We still make sandwich-type creations for Blair's main "entree." I tried to give her a piece of pizza the other day and she was not any kind of interested. Weird. Cannot be my child if she doesn't like pizza! I'll have to give that one a try a little later. I am still working on getting her to eat peas, corn, carrots and green beans. Tomorrow night we will try broccoli (again).
We have phased out bottles, but still give Blair a sippy cup of milk before bed. I have kept one emergency bottle, just in case. I am not trying to push her out of the nest, but think she is ready. She has done really well with the whole milk and I am glad that she drinks it without having to be begged / pleaded with.
I love watching Blair at this age. She is so intuitive and interesting. She has a big sense of pride when she helps us do part of the chores. They are simple things, like throwing something in the trashcan or helping to load the washer, but she understands that we all help out and that helping makes us happy. The other day she poured herself a cup of tea from her toy teapot and pretended to drink from the cup. This is huge because her previous method was pouring it straight from the teapot to her mouth. You can put that in our "win" column.

Green is still B's favorite color and we are undecided as to which hand she'll end up writing with. She switches off between the two too frequently to tell.
Blair's sleeping continues to improve. She is sleeping through most nights. On most of the nights that she wakes up, she usually puts herself back down after a couple of minutes. The more tired and exhausting her day is, the worse her sleeping. She has been taking awesome naps at school (ranging from an hour and a half to two and a half hours) and we've kept her on a pretty good routine. I wish we could keep her up later, but it doesn't work. It is a huge bummer, but I know she needs the sleep for how busy she is.

Bug talks up a storm. She loves to say "Hi!" to people - especially at school. If one of the directors go into her classroom, she is waves and tells them hi. Sometimes the strangers at the store are told hi. Blair using words - or sounds - like "ba" for ball, "muh" for more, "ni ni" for night-night, "bye bye," "go," "meh" for milk, and some others. Her face lights up when we understand her and we are able to communicate. I think she gets frustrated when we are not able to understand her. I think that once her speech really takes off, she might never stop talking!

She is now wearing 24 months but could easily wear 2T clothes. Yikes. So I guess she is basically averaging 3 months per size. I still refuse to buy clothes in bigger sizes for different seasons. Learned my lesson!

Teeth! All of Blair's one year molars have now cut through! She is still rocking 4 teeth on top, and the 2 middle, bottom ones. That now brings our grand total to 10! Half of the teeth that she will have as an adult. Today she bit someone at school - but only because the other child put their hand in her mouth. Trav and I agree that the other kid had it coming. I can tell you from personal experience that those chompers are razor sharp! I found out tonight while trying to see if any new teeth had come through. :)

Blair continues to be my favorite part of every day. I love her light, her smiles, and her love. I love the way she loves. I love being her Mom. Every part of it. ♥

No comments: