Monday, October 24, 2011

First Tooth (and the end of gummy grins)

Well, the day finally came... Blair's first tooth has come through! Just 5 days short of her 7 month birthday (Sunday, the 23rd). We have been waiting for nearly four months! The first one to emerge is her lower left tooth. It has come with a lot more drooling (something I didn't know was possible), fever and a runny nose. My sweet baby's gummy grins are soon to be over.


Throughout the day, she continued to feel worse and became increasingly restless. We knew that sleeping would be minimal, so I decided to go into work late, then Travis came home at lunch so I could go into the office in the afternoon (I really needed to go in since I was out for jury duty on Friday). Around 2:45am last night, her fever shot up to 101. She seemed better in the morning, but later the fever returned in the afternoon, so we took her to Dr. Kavin's office. Turns out; ear infection in one year and fluid in another. The doctor asked if she had been around young children recently, and Travis told them that she had just finished her first week of day care. The doctor laughed and said, "Yep! No surprise you are here!" Her immune system is still trying to get used to the change, so I guess this was bound to happen. We are trying to hold out on giving her the antibiotics, but if her fever gets high again, we'll have to start them. Things are never dull around our house.


Other than that "excitement," we had a great weekend! We finally caught up with Uncle Mark and Aunt Sara and the girls, then celebrated Loren's 21st birthday (and still paying for it today)! I have to say, I am a little happy the last of our siblings has turned 21. I am too old to be going out and drinking. Whew. Gammy and GranDad are having Blair over this weekend and I plan on taking full advantage and sleeping as much as I possibly can. I am talking about sleep of epic proportions.


I will post pictures of our fun weekend later on this week. Right now I need to get some sleep. Poor little B will be up soon. Bless her little heart.


No comments: