Thursday, October 13, 2011

27 Weeks...The Sickies and 6 Month Check-up

A few pics first...


Playing with Raleigh (he kind of looks scared here...)



Rolling around being silly

Sweet girl


Sweet Skeleton (I LOVE these jammies!)


The bones glow in the dark




We have been through quite a few challenges lately. I think I can safely say that since Blair's 5 month birthday, things have been difficult. You know where you go through periods where "when it rains, it pours?" Well, that has been us. Luckily Travis and I are a great team and have managed to keep on truckin' without going completely bananas.



The last few weeks kind of feel like a blur, so forgive me for not recapping everything (besides, who really wants to hear about all of our problems?). Last Friday, I helped organize (see "Plan," "Stress," and "Obsess") our company's annual golf tournament. Luckily it wasn't quite as large as it has been in the past, but still an ordeal nonetheless. I was lucky enough to have a lot of the admins helping me do the mundane things such as taking pictures and driving the drink cart (thank God!). But let me rewind. When I dropped off Blair at my parent's house on Friday morning, my Dad informed me that everyone (except him) was sick with a horrible stomach virus and that he was taking the day off to watch Blair and Zoey. I was nervous to leave Blair there (for fear of her getting sick), but didn't have a choice with the golf tournament being that day.


Ok, so fast forward to 5pm - I get the dreaded call from Travis (who had picked up B at 1pm) - Blair had thrown up. Although I didn't go completely into panic mode at that point, I did once I got a text saying she had gone from "fine" to fussy. That was my queue to leave the tournament. I got home and called the doctor's office. The on-call doctor said to give Blair pedialyte and soy milk, and in very small amounts to see if she would keep it down (this virus took DOWN my family and knew that if Blair got it, it would be bad news). The doctor said that if she threw up again, she would have to go to the ER to get IV fluids. I immediately was reminded of our ER trip the month before where we were told after an hour of sticking that Blair has small veins. Ugh. Trav and I were not wanting to go through that again. So we gave her the pedialyte in tiny amounts and walked around holding her until she finally fell asleep. We let Blair sleep with us and she woke up every hour or two to eat something. It was exhausting.


The next morning she seemed to be a little better, but was still not eating much. I thought we were in the clear - then she threw up again. She had just eaten 4 oz and I guess it was too much for her stomach. I decided to sleep on her floor (so that Travis could actually get some sleep) to wake up with Blair throughout the night.


By Sunday, Blair was doing better and in order to celebrate, I decided to venture out in the rain to buy her fall clothes. I got TONS of cute stuff from Carter's. We both felt better. :)


Tuesday was Blair's 6 month check-up. By now the congestion was gone and she was back on her regular formula and baby food. My girl is growing! She is now 28" long (98%), weighs 18lbs, 8oz (86%), and her head circumference is 17" (66%). I think it is pretty safe to say we are going to have a tall girl! It seems like her legs are just getting longer and longer. Dr. Kavin is always so sweet to Blair and tells Travis and I how beautiful she is. I am sure he says it to all of his patients, but it is still sweet - since we agree. ♥


Tuesday is also the day that Travis got that dreaded stomach virus. It was bad. He has gone into work for an hour or two the past two mornings to do the scheduling that has to be done, then comes home to sleep and recover. It's been pretty rough. I am happy to say that he is on the mend - but we are still keeping him a safe distance from Blair to make sure she doesn't get it. Stomach virus + fever + aching body = no fun. I am hoping I can keep from getting it... my fingers are crossed.


Thank God tomorrow is Friday. I need some recovery time! We have had to cancel with Uncle Mark, Aunt Sara and the girls TWO weekends in a row. Bummer. I know Blair was looking forward to seeing Reagan and Peyton. Uncle Mark dropped off a truck load of stuff for us last week - a double jogging stoller (AWESOME), 2 car seats, and clothes (including 2 adorable Halloween outfits that I will post pics of soon!). They are so sweet to us! We are hoping to finally get better so that we see everyone. We miss them!


Next weekend we are preparing to celebrate Loren's 21st birthday! We have a "thing" where we take out our siblings on their 21st birthdays (Travis was even there for the twin's 21st birthday). We are going to dinner, then Blair is spending the night with Grandpa George and Grandma Roslyn and we are taking Loren out to celebrate! Yay! Can't wait to do some celebrating with the birthday girl!


Hope everyone has a great weekend! I am hoping we can take Blair out to MDUMC this weekend to take some pictures in their pumpkin patch. I love the fall!




















No comments: