Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sweet Sixteen

Blair is now 16 weeks old. Hard to believe.


We've created a monster. Our little girl is into music. Big time. If you could ask Blair what her favorite thing to do is, she would say "watching music. We have the Palladia music channel that shows nothing but music videos and concerts (like Austin City Limits, Lollapalooza, etc.). She loves to see where the music coming from and watch people dance around. The other day, we watched a 30 minute Oasis concert (yes, Oasis). Blair loved their show and "danced"' the whole time. It is a wonderful thing and her Daddy and I are so pleased that she likes music. The other day she was all smiles when we put on a Strokes record. Travis beamed with pride and says, "She likes the Strokes- that is a sign of excellent taste." Haha, I love his passion for music. And I love that she gets that from him.


Blair is still teething and chewing on anything (preferably her hand) she can find. This past week she has only been getting up once a night (and still being swaddled). I don't anticipate this to change for awhile, but I'll secretly hope for the nights she sleeps through!


Blair likes to "help" me turn pages when we read (the thick board books). She works very hard to concentrate on grabbing the pages and opening and closing them. She is working out those fine motor and hand-eye coordination skills!


This past weekend we celebrated my Dad's birthday (which was actually Monday) at the Yard House in City Center. It was awesome!!! We all tried different beers and ate some delicious food. For entrees, I ordered the Seared Ahi Caesar salad and Travis ordered their Mac and Cheese (squared) that had chicken, bacon, wild mushrooms, parmesan and cheddar cheese and white truffle oil. We split the entrees since they both sounded so good. They definitely did not disappoint! Blair slept through the entire lunch (since she had been up since 6am) and Zoey slept through most of it. It was a really fun lunch and we enjoyed getting to hang out with the fam.


We also made a stop by Babies'R'Us to get more size 3 diapers and some spoons, bowls and baby food for B! I am really excited for her to be able to try food because I know that she is going to love it. It also makes me realize how fast the time is passing. Everyone says it and they are right. Time now passes in blinks of the eye and it reminds me to stop, breathe and live in the moment.


I will post some pictures from last week in the next day or so. It's 8:30pm and I am exhausted. Is it Friday yet? :)


No comments: