Tuesday, July 12, 2011

15 Weeks!

Our little girl is now 15 weeks. As I mentioned in a previous post, we are in full teething mode and her sleeping through the night is now a distant dream. Blair is up every 4 hours or so. Luckily she is back down in about 20-30 minutes, so that is nice. She is working on the teething toys particularly on the left side, so I am wondering if one of her canines might be coming in. I guess we shall see.


Something that Blair has begun doing in the last few weeks is shyly turning her head to the side when she smiles. I am afraid it doesn't get much cuter than that.


Today we took her to get the last of her 2 month shots. Yes, finally! We were a couple weeks behind on seeing the doctor, then by spacing out the immunizations (you have to wait 1 month in between) - she is almost due for her 4 month shots (which we can't get for another month now). So at 4 1/2 months we'll have more to get. Fun times in the first year! :)


This past weekend, Travis and I took Blair out to Hempstead to visit Grandma "Ancy" and Grandpa Robert. We brought ribs with Travis' dry rub recipe and all of the fixins. Yum! After lunch we went out to the barn to introduce Blair to the horses. Duke (in particular) was very interested in smelling Blair! We had a good time petting the horses and I am sure she will be begging to go riding just as soon as she can!


I am very excited that I am taking off work on Friday to do some MUCH needed home improvement! Now that Blair is here and we've settled into this new life, it's time to do some more work on the house (like painting all of the base boards and trim). Travis is taking off Thursday and Friday (for some much, much needed rest!) so it will be nice to have him around on Friday to help me. :)


I better wrap this up, my little wiggler is up again and will probably sleep with Trav and I tonight since she is getting a double dose of yuckiness with the shot and teething. I think it's going to be a long night!


Exhausted snuggler!



Going on a summer evening walk

Adorable


Snoozing in Grandma Ancy's lap


Looking at Duke (we told her he was a BIG dog!)


Meeting Conner the Horse (who licks!)


Cuteness


Daddy, B and Grandma Ancy





No comments: