Friday, April 22, 2011

Ch-ch-changes!

Blair is continuing to grow like a weed! She changes from day to day... it's amazing to watch! She eats anywhere from 4-6 ounces in a sitting (though usually more like 6!). We still do not wake her up to eat, we simply feed her when she's hungry (and that is generally right when she wakes up!).


At night, Blair's first stretch of sleep is consistently 4 hours. Then she wakes up to eat and get her diaper changed, then falls back asleep after about 45 mins. Her second and third stretch is 3 hours and that gets us to mid morning or so. For the past 2 weeks, I have been getting up with her in the middle of the night since Travis is back to work. B and I have the schedule / arrangement down and although I haven't slept a whole night through in awhile, I feel pretty rested (all things considered).


So, last night, Travis offered to help get up with Blair (since he is off today for Good Friday), so I figured I would let him take the first feeding. Well don't you know... Blair decides to sleep SIX HOURS!!! No kidding. I couldn't & still can't believe it! After going back to sleep, she was up again about 3 hours later. Six hours?!? I hope this is a new change for our schedule! That would be wonderful!!!


Like I mentioned earlier, Blair is constantly changing. She seems to be out of that newborn eat/sleep phase (after only 3 weeks?!?) and is now much more awake during the day. She takes a lot of little 'cat naps' giving me few precious moments to do the things I need to do during the day (shower/get ready, straighten up around the house, clean and make bottles). She really enjoys it when we put music on (surprise, surprise!), especially records.


I am so excited that Travis is off for Good Friday so we can celebrate the (long) holiday weekend as a family! I cannot believe that Blair's first holiday is almost here. It will be a big day for B, Easter service and brunch (oh how I love brunch!) with the fam, followed by a visit with Grandpa George! So excited and cannot wait! :)


No comments: