Wednesday, April 13, 2011

2 Week Check-up with Dr. Kavin

Yesterday, Mommy and Blair had our 2 week check-ups! I am healing well and have been given the ok to drive again (woo hoo!). I'll go back to see Dr. Schmidt in 4 weeks, right before going back to work.


After a less than satisfying first appointment with Dr. Fotouh last week, we decided to give Travis' pediatrician, Dr. Kavin, a try. Ever since the beginning of my relationship with Travis, he has talked about Dr. Kavin, and how great of a pediatrician he was / is. Luckily, Dr. K was accepting new patients, and we were able to get an appointment for Blair.


Dr. Kavin was very excited to see Travis, and now be seeing his daughter, whom Dr. K called his "grand patient." We had a really great experience with him and Dr. Kavin answered all of my questions, explained the physical tests he was doing on Blair (and commented on how strong and healthy our little girl is!), and listened to my concerns about immunizations for Blair. He put me completely at ease and I knew that he was the right doctor to take care of our little girl.


Our B is growing! She now weighs 8 pounds, 1 ounce! I cannot believe it! I guess those 4 - 5 ounce bottles (yes, she is a great eater!) have aided her gain.


After a quick heel prick (and a couple of tears), we headed home. Big days like doctor days usually end with lots of cuddle time between the three of us. :)


We are thrilled to have Dr. Kavin as our pediatrician and know that he will take great care of B.


On a sad note... today was Travis' first full day back at work. All good things must come to an end. We have loved having him home and taking care of both me and Blair! We miss him lots and I have spent part of the morning just emailing him pictures of Blair. Luckily, his early mornings (6am!) lead to early afternoons, so we can't wait to see him this afternoon! We love you Daddy!


No comments: