Sunday, March 20, 2011

Still Waiting...

So this past week, we have been waiting for that "sure sign" that Blair was on her way. We were optimistic after the Monday appointment that my progression could mean we'd be seeing our little girl soon. Despite having random contractions here and there, nothing has gotten me up and concerned with it being the "honey, it's time" moment.

As I don't have to tell most mothers... by the last few weeks (or even sooner!), you are 'done' being pregnant and just want to hold your baby. I am no exception. I am glad that we planned the pregnancy for the cooler months, since dealing with the heat (on top of ALL the other side effects - including the dreaded swelling) would probably put me over the edge. So, I can't complain about the weather (hello first day of spring!). I will say that we have tried just about every way possible to naturally induce labor. From foods to exercise to reflexology
.

Speaking of spring... we are very excited because despite the multiple freezes we had this winter, our azaleas and gardenias survived! Every year, the azaleas bloom for about 2 weeks in March, and ours are no exception! They are so beautiful and it is so nice that spring is finally here!

Yesterday we visited with George, Roslyn and the "Brazil" Wrights. Uncle Ben and Aunt Andressa came into town to visit Daniel and Paul and to visit Granny, GrandDad and Lori. We even got the chance to meet Jourdan's little puppy Charlotte. Charlotte was adorable and would throw herself at your feet, tummy side up and wait to be pet. After lunch with the Wrights, we had dinner with the Almons. It was nice to see the whole fam, including my adorable little niece. Zoey is growing like a weed and is now smiling, which couldn't be cuter. I am so excited that Blair will have Zoey to grow up with... they are going to have so much fun together and will likely plot the take down of the family pets. Watch out Kingsley, Raleigh, Sam and Dex!!!

Today was spent relaxing and taking it easy (including taking a nap or two). I checked the hospital bag again, re-evaluated what I had already packed, and added some more stuff.

Tomorrow I have my 38 week appointment with Dr. Schmidt. Since the earliest Dr. Schmidt will induce is 39 weeks, unless I slip her a $100 (kidding), this should be my last appointment with her until I see her at the hospital. We are hoping to induce on the 28th, provided everything with Travis' work goes ok. Hopefully she will just come on her own this week!

No comments: