Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Harlow - 2 weeks

So, my sweet little Harlow is already two weeks old. Hard to believe we've been a family of four for two weeks now. On Thursday, Pops and I took Harlow to her check-up with Dr. Kavin. Here are her stats and percentiles:
 
Weight - 8lbs, 6oz = 65% ( + 2oz from birth)
 
Length - 21.25" = 90% ( + 1 inch from birth - not really - they must have not stretched her out all the way while measuring her at birth)
 
Head Circumference - 14.49" = 91% ( + 0.12 from birth)
 
We recently switched Harlow's formula to the Similac Sensitive and it seems to be helping out her tummy with gas. She is eating approx. 3oz every 2-3 hours. This means she is up every 2-3 hours to eat (and get her diaper changed). Her sleeping stretches seem shorter in the middle of the night. Maybe that is just me (and the lack of sleep) talking.
 
Lo had her first real bath on Friday. I really was not expecting her to like it, but she really did. Amazing. Travis even got video of her hanging out in the bath. I gave her another bath tonight and she still liked it. Yay!
 
Things around the Wright household have been going pretty well. All last week, Pops came over to our house at 8am each morning so I could take Blair to school. It was nice to have that alone time with Blair - since it was part of our usual morning routine. I especially enjoyed the fact that I could come home to Harlow and spend the rest of the morning and day together. I think B enjoyed getting back into the swing of things and having Daddy pick her up in the afternoons (as usual).
 
Of course, as I type this, I likely won't have Blair in school all this week, either. I cannot bear to send her to school during the holiday week. Come Thursday or Friday, I may be singing another tune.
 
Blair has done really well with adjusting to life as a big sister. She adores Harlow and kisses the back of her head constantly. It is very, very sweet. She is pretty helpful and tolerant of the changes it has brought our home. The first couple of days (that first week), Blair really needed her one-on-one time with us. A week after Harlow was born, we had a "Daddy, Daughter date" planned. Travis was taking Blair to the Symphony to see "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Someone dressed up as the Grinch and read the story to the audience and of course the Symphony played the music / songs from the show. Blair LOVES the show - so we figured that this would be a neat way to expose her to the Symphony for her first time. I was super jealous I didn't get go! :) After the Bug got antsy, they left and had lunch at Pappasito's. Gramma Ancy came over to get some little Baby Love time.
 
It's been a wonderful couple of weeks. Sleepless, yes... but they've been wonderful. I am so happy to have our little Christmas baby finally join our little family!


 
 


World's Cutest Little Sister (I love this sweet face!)
 

Sisterly Love... Blair LOVES Harlow!
 

My little alert baby
 

Mommy and B
 

After Harlow's 2 week check-up. Being this cute is exhausting!
 

Sweet sleeping baby
 

Daddy and Blair outside Jones Hall for the Symphony
 
 
Big girl sitting by the fountains (outside of Jones Hall) 
 

No comments: