Saturday, July 14, 2012

Just when things were settling down...

***This post is from Monday, July 9th***
Last Tuesday, the daycare called me to tell me that they found some blisters on Blair's left wrist. They were tiny and from the picture, you could hardly see them! Travis and I watched them over the rest of the week. When Blair got home from Gammy and GranDad's on Saturday, the blisters - or bumps looked worse. The little blisters were now like a patch on her wrist and on Sunday night, I decided that we'd be making a little trip to Dr. Kavin's. By the time we got to the doctor's office, her legs were completely broken out in these welts / red bumps. They almost looked like bites - which is really weird that they literally came out of nowhere.

 Well, my gut was right... she has another viral infection that he thinks is hand, foot and mouth. Ugh. She has the blisters in her throat which are symptomatic with the HFM. Poor little Bug. This time, the virus started in a different way - so we didn't know what the blisters were. So, Little Miss is out of school this week. Thank goodness for sister-in-laws and Moms.
Despite this virus, we had a blast this weekend. Roslyn picked Blair up from school on Friday after nap and had a fun sleepover with her grandparents. T and I decided to do a sushi date night, and then relax at home. On Saturday, we had our new fridge delivered! The fridge we had was from Travis' Mom and it was 15+ years old! It was definitely time for a new one and oh, how exciting! A working ice maker and water dispenser…. Oh how I have missed you so! It is huge and I am in love. Ha!

Once Love Bug got home on Saturday, we played and played and played here at home. Blair is so funny and I just love her personality! She is big into the “uh-oh” stage and stays it about everything. Sometimes she will say it, then throw something on the ground. Uh-oh indeed. But we are working on it. Sunday we all caught up on some sleep and since it was a rainy day – we spent the day playing inside (which means playing in the playroom for a few mins, then running into the living room and playing there for a few mins).

Travis and I crack up when Blair runs. It is this uncoordinated sequence of steps and squeals as she tears down the hall. I feel like she is always milliseconds from falling – but somehow manages not to trip or crash (whew!). And my baby loves shoes. So far she has not gotten into the habit of taking them off – but she sure likes them on. It is probably because they are silver and sparkly. J

Last night, while rocking Blair to bed, I told her we would read Goodnight Moon one more time, then we would put the book down and rock in the chair with Mommy to go night-night. She looked at the book, dropped it over the side of the chair (like we always do – and SHE has to be the one to drop it) onto the floor, turned around in my lap and laid her head on my shoulder. First of all, it was all incredibly sweet – especially when I knew that she wasn’t feeling good. But secondly, it was this huge light bulb that turned on. She understood everything, including the order in which it was said, and did exactly as I had asked. That was my “Ah-ha!” moment in testing boundaries.

That is all she does these days, test boundaries. Amazing how little ones can know this and exercise it so well. It also amazes me how she knows when to bat those little eye lashes and turn on the big puppy dog eyes when she wants to stay awake and not go to bed. She just knows how to turn me into mush.

Reading – can we just talk about this for a minute? Home girl LOVES to read. They are not always story books. Lately she has been obsessed with these flap books of animals and common words – she could look at it all day. My favorite thing is to look up and she is “backing into” your lap to sit down with a giant book in her hands. My baby loves to read. And point. And count. We do a lot of that.

 “MAH!” That is the newest sound that B makes and it is when is giving kisses. It is sooooo cute. She loves to kiss T and I, Raleigh and Kingsley and her babies. I love the sound and cannot get enough. Speaking of babies, my daughter has quite the motherly instinct. She carries around this life-like baby that drinks from a bottle. She loves to feed her bottle and pats her back when she is putting her to sleep. Makes my heart melt!




So Baby Girl is obsessed with this "Dream Lites" commercial that shows non-stop on the Sprout channel. The second she hears the little jingle come on, she is running to the t.v. and excitedly watches. The whole thing.





Getting pumped about the Dream Lites.




Love this sweet face!




New art for the playroom (made by Trav and I)




Sharing tea with Daddy



Little Bug is always recovering from little bumps and bruises from tumbles! She is a tough chick!




Love this precious Elmo Airplane ride-on. The seat lifts up so she can put her "stuff" inside and the propeller actually spins. Fun!



Feeding her baby



Our new fridge! Yay!




No comments: