Saturday, July 28, 2012

16 months - and cuter than ever!

I cannot believe it.. my baby is 16 months old and is growing up. I will tell you that this sweet baby girl is growing up to be slightly stubborn, incredibly smart and undeniably sweet. I like to think she is a great mix between Trav and I, even if she looks more like Daddy right now.
Our Love Bug is just that – she loves on everything and everyone. She loves to show her affection by giving kisses (MAH!). Even her chicken nuggets get a kiss. It is so, so touching to see her gentle spirit love on the things / people she loves.
Blair has been enjoying (matching) puzzles and reading. I can honestly say that she spends the majority of her play time playing with puzzles and reading books. Trav has found these really great board / flap books that are Bug's favorite. She has quickly learned many of the animals (and their sounds), and can identify a few colors and shapes. It is so much to watch her learn new things.
As far as eating goes - well, let's just say, that she is a toddler. Lots of snacking and picking at food. She still drives a finger through anything new that she has decided not to try or like. She is on a chicken nugget kick. That is her "go to" food and our safety net. She still likes bananas and eats various fruit like strawberries, blueberries, mandarins, apples, and grapes. On occasion I can get her to eat peas, but she refuses to eat carrots. We have moved on from the spoon fed yogurt, and Blair now drinks yogurt (I will take it). This was especially helpful when she was sick since the cold yogurt seemed to soothe her irritated throat. We have had a huge success with frozen mini pancakes! They are super easy to take to school for breakfast and they are her favorite. I am very thankful that she continues to drink milk like a champ. I strongly credit her milk and yogurt intake to keeping her weight on (whilst being sick).
Blair is doing well at school. Even after being out of school for 2+ weeks, she fell right back into her schedule like she had not missed a beat. They have recently begun providing lunches at school (which saves me quite a bit of time and money) and I think she is doing alright with the change. I am not 100% convinced that she eats as much as they say she does, but hope that the exposure and peer pressure will help her to try (and like!) new things.
My little girly-girl... ahhh, I have to say, I am so proud. She is getting much better about wearing bows and barrettes in her hear, loves herself some necklaces and bracelets, and will occasionally decide what she wants to wear. SO fabulous! She loves to watch me put on make-up and today (for the first time), wanted to brush my hair. LOVE.
Our little dancing machine likes to bounce and spin  to music. And she loves to help us sing! For a little person that is working hard to say and pronounce words, she does a great job. I bought her a fingerplay CD and booklet so we can practice songs. I think her enjoyment of fingerplays might stem from her sign language usage / knowledge.
We are still doing Gymboree - though it feels like we hardly go! We can't take her when she is sick (obviously) and sometimes our other plans get in the way, but we still really enjoy the class! Bug usually marches to the beat of her own drum and is happiest when she has a ball in at least one hand. She reminds me of her Uncle Conner. That kid always had a ball in his hand - and was / is the most athletic in our family.
We had a busy day visiting and catching up with some of our friends. Even though we don't see our friends every day - or even if it is once a year, it is nice that when we do meet up, we pick up right where we left off. No judging and keeping score - just genuine friendships.

Here are some pictures of Blair (and me) that we took today. Thrilled about that date stamp. Except the opposite. Oh well.
In the "words" of my love bug, "MAH!"





No comments: