Friday, March 30, 2012

Somewhere over the Rainbow

For Blair's 1st birthday party, I decided on a rainbow theme. I thought it was a really cute idea and would be easy enough to tackle (I have plenty of years to really "out-do" myself). I wanted to keep the party small and intimate - so as not to overwhelm Blair (she is still rocking red, fluid filled ears - but more on that later). We kept it with close family (grandparents, aunts / uncles) and friends. She was so happy when she recognized each guest. You could tell she was looking around and excited that knew each person and that everyone was there for her. Pretty neat stuff. She was her usual silly self (the silly self that really was not wanting to wear a bow) and kept the fit outbursts to a minimum. It was a special, special day.
Forgive me for the pictures being completely random with not much sequence. They came from multiple sources and Blogger doesn't make posting pictures very easy (I have to upload all pictures first, then write out the blog). Here are some of the highlights...


The Wright family birthday wreath (initials to be changed out)!
The inspiration for the party: Travis and I had MATCHING bedding as babies. Same baby comforter sets and our mothers saved for us. Love it.
Now you see the bow...
Blair thought that Baby Logan might be a present for her. I assured her that was not the case, but she sure enjoyed watching that iddy biddy baby.
Blair's new set of wheels. I am pretty sure that she would sleep in there if we let her. Sometimes the Cozy Coupe sleeps in the guest bedroom for a couple of days.
Zoey and Mimi playing in the ball pit
Blair's Burger Bar
All the fixin's
So, to break up some of the monotony of solid rainbow colors, I decided to add in some Sesame Street stuff. Blair LOVES Sesame Street, so I thought it was a cute way to tie it in (especially because they also said "1st birthday" and were in your typical rainbow / primary colors). I think it turned out really cute!
Being silly underneath the table
Blair and her pretty Auntie Loren
Hudson, Blair and Zoey playing in Blair's new playroom (which still needs a ton of work, but this is what we are working with for now).
Hudson!!! Such a cutie and looking like such a big kid!
"Rocky" the rocking horse was a gift from Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Robert. She loved it!
Trying it out...
She is pretty pumped about this car.
Zoey!
I stayed up the night before the party, making Blair's cake. One box of cake mix, a bundt pan, and a lot of Wilton dye. It turned out just like I hoped it would. Not bad for an amateur!

The birthday girl's high chair
Loving the cupcakes!
Her reaction to sugar? A rough night of sleep for all of us. It'll be awhile before she eats something that sweet again.
"Somewhere, over the rainbow,
Skies are blue.
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true..."

No comments: