Tuesday, March 20, 2012

11 Month Pictures and what we've been up to...

Ok, so you might have noticed that I am a little behind on B's 11 month pictures. That is because there always seemed to be a slew of things to postpone them. So, she is actually 11 1/2 months here (and I know one day I will look back on this and laugh). I put her sticker on her back because not only will she not lay still so I can snap a picture, but she tries to pull off the sticker when she sees it. Plan B - put it on the back.
It's funny I took her picture playing with her two favorite things at the moment - bags (purse, diaper bag, whatever she can find) and her ball pit.
Check out my adorable little girl. Careful, she is a heart melter.








Love this sweet little face!!!

I wish I could tell you that we have been doing some really neat, life changing stuff. But such is not the case. We've just been L-I-V-I-N (thank you Matthew McConaughey they for making this part of my vocabulary). Seriously though, we've just been doing the routine of things, throwing in the occaision trip to the DMV or ear infection - teething combo, just to keep things interesting. Last week, Blair began teething again. Knowing where this usually heads (see runny nose, fever or ear infection), I took Blair to the pediatrician and they confirmed her ears were red and that there was fluid sitting behind each one. So we started the antibiotics that night and I think kept it from infected. Whew. Our appointment with the ENT is on Thursday. Man, it can't come soon enough!

This weekend is Blair's birthday party! So the last few weeks have been kind of crazy getting everything planned out (well, finalized really) and purchased. It is a lot of fun, but I am finding it to be a bummer that she is already one. Not a surprise there. I could hardly keep from crying while writing her one year letter. It's like that... I feel like she just got here. And already a year is gone. Where was I?

Focus. Ok, so the party planning is mostly done and we are getting very excited. I have to say, this event hasn't nearly been so stressful since the maid comes tomorrow. Thank goodness! They broke our vacuum cleaner the last time they were here. but they promised they would get it fixed. That was their first and last strike - or I'm changing services.

Travis just got "off" from a week and a half stay-cation. It was time to get out of the office and he never gets to use all of his days, so it seemed like a good time to take it easy. We kicked off the mini stay-cation attending the Radiohead concert. We had great seats and it was a fun little date night! Travis kept Blair home most of the time and they had a blast being silly and getting some good Daddy - daughter time. ♥

It has been a busy couple of weeks for our friends! My friend Cheryl had her little boy, Logan, a few weeks ago. Logan's girlfriend-for-life (since they are so close in age!) is Kendall Michelle, my friend Kristen's baby who was born last Friday. Yay! Two new little ones... I have already gotten to meet Logan and will go and meet Kendall in the next couple of weeks. Congratulations Gals!

Ok, so that is us in a nutshell. Although I have to say, I am so happy for my sweet hubby for working so hard. He just got his bonus / raise - yay! (Not a moment too soon since the fridge is on its last legs and the washing machine is making an unusual sound. American. Dream.] So proud of you, T! ♥

No comments: