Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update on the Sickies

So today was Blair's follow up appointment for her ears. Good news, her ears and throat are looking much better. We will finish up the bottle of Omnicef and hope that she doesn't get another ear infection in the next month. If she does, we'll go to the ear, nose & throat doctor to consult on getting tubes. I am not really thrilled with that answer, but it is what it is. He did suggest we give the Bug 2ml of Benadryl at night. Hopefully they will help some.


A girlfriend told me that one of her friends switched her baby to rice milk and her ear infections stopped! We are desperate and will definitely be trying it! I just want to start it this weekend so I can monitor her. Fingers are crossed! Wouldn't that be crazy if it turned out that she had a milk allergy? I guess we'll see.


In other "sickie" news... after feeling terrible yesterday at work (spiking fever, severe body aches and a horribly sore, swollen throat), I went to see the doctor. Glad I did... I have a sinus infection and strep throat. Awesome. I have been giving antibiotics and I hope to feel better in the next day or so. I went into work for an hour this morning, then came home.


Not only is this awful since I cannot be around B, but now I can't attend the shower I been helping plan! Ugh. Such a bummer, but I cannot risk getting anyone else sick - esp the Mommy-to-be! I spent most of today (from bed) getting all of my shower pieces ready. I know Al and Court are a little nervous, but I think they will pull it all together and it is going to be fabulous! So wish I could be there...


Well, that's all that is new with us. Bless Travis' heart... he is the glue that is holding us together. Sick baby, sick Mom. Top that off with a super stressful job (that doesn't allow him much time out of the office), and you have a worn down husband. Poor thing. I am really hoping to get better soon to give him some reprieve from baby duties. How a single parent does this all... I will never know.


Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!


No comments: