Sunday, June 12, 2011

11 Weeks!

This week has been a week of discovery for Miss Blair. She has found her hands! She is mesmorized by them and if they aren't right in front of her face, she has them in her mouth. We have been practicing holding rattles and toys to improve her fine motor skills.


Houdini now manages to escape from the Swaddler on a nightly basis. Not sure what our next course of action is. It is puzzling that she manages to wiggle her arms out of the velcroed blanket. The first of many head scratchers, I am sure.


One physical attribute that most people comment on are her big blue eyes. They have not yet changed, but we are pretty certain it will happen. With my eyes being so dark and Trav's being hazel, I would be shocked if they stayed blue. Travis' dad and sister, and my paternal grandmother all have / had blue eyes. Everyone seems to think they will stay blue. We shall see... I think we should have a more definitive verdict once she is about 6 months old.


Well, it took nearly 11 weeks for this to happen, but I have failed to take a picture of Blair every day. It was easy at first... now it's like between work, dinner, bath time, play time, etc - I forget to grab the camera to take a picture. But that's ok, I have a ridiculous amount and I think I make up for it once I am taking her picture (I take anywhere from 2 - 30 at a given time). Each "month" cd that I give the grandparents has about 500 pictures on them. Yes, I am a little obsessed.


This past week, I worked late a couple of days so I definitely felt some of those guilty working parent feelings. It made me most sad when I looked over at the monitor and saw her sweet sleeping face and I felt like I had barely seen her that evening! Luckily, my working late is very minimal and simply based on my work load and deadlines. It makes me VERY grateful to only have to work part time now. Getting out at 2:30pm every day is awesome. Hands down.


Travis and I are in the market for a new vehicle. The lease on our car runs out in a few weeks, so we are actively searching for Trav's next vehicle, which will be a truck. He has waited a long time for a truck... so it is time. Will keep you posted on what we end up with. Hello $5 / gallon gas. Looks like we meet again.


After church today, we took Blair to see Uncle Mark, Aunt Sara and the girls. Blair absolutely LOVED Peyton and Reagan. Loved them. I have never seen her smile at someone so much. She was thrilled to have little people looking and playing with her. Reagan and Peyton were so sweet with her... they cannot wait until she is a little older and can do some real playing! :)


Here are some pics of our (almost) 11 week old girl!



Sitting in our bouncy chair waiting for me to finish getting ready



Smiles!


Photo shoot session 1



Happy girl



Nearly 11 weeks old



She is very patient with her Mommy and the camera




You can't get much cuter than this!




Tummy time




Having a talk with the Octopus




The start of an epic yawn




Three generations of Texan Wrights



Love.




♥ Blair ♥



Blair and Grandpa George



I recently saw something that I thought could not be sweeter, or more true...


"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."



No comments: