Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Long Update (6-8 weeks!)

First, some pictures (Court - I will post the nursery pics tonight!)...



5 Weeks


Daddy reading "Jungle Babies" to Blair



6 Weeks




6 Weeks




Super Girl... at 6 1/2 Weeks!



Quite the face she is making! Ha!









Mimi and Blair celebrating Mother's Day





Grandma Nancy and Blair celebrating Mother's Day




Striking a pose






Pick me up!





7 Weeks








Classic move... rolling over to snuggle next to Travis!




We love bath time!




7 1/2 Weeks





Love that sweet little face!




Snuggling with Travis




Blair in her Led Zeppelin onesie




Family Date Night





7 1/2 Weeks




Playing with Raleigh




Daddy and Blair





Mommy and Blair headed to lunch!






It's been about 3 weeks since my last post, so I am going to do my best to recall everything that's happened!



At Blair's 6 week check up, she weighed 10 lbs, 8 oz and was 22 inches long. She is growing like a weed and changes every day. Now (at nearly 8 weeks), she is wearing 3-6 month clothes. I am finding that the 3 month onesies are too short for her little torso. We are still working on the sleeping thing, but we've had a couple of weeks of different schedules, so it takes some adjusting. We are hoping that she starts sleeping longer. :)



For Mother's day weekend, we spent some time out in Hempstead with Nancy, and did a crawfish boil with my family. On Sunday, we cooked breakfast together and hung out all day, just the three of us. It was a wonderful day with my two most favorite peole. You know you are an adult when you request house decor for your Mother's day gift. :) Top the day off with pink roses and wonderful cards - and it was the perfect day!



Unfortunately, that night I began getting the same stomach cramps as I had the week earlier. A trip to the ER showed that I wasn't sick with a stomach bug, that I had an inflammation in my small intestine. They kept me in the hospital for a few days to give me antibiotics and run tests to rule out anything serious. Everything came back normal and I am much better! I'm not a huge fan of hospitals, but the absolute worst part was being away from Blair. Travis would bring her to visit everyday for a few mins, but it was devastating to be away from her each day and night. Luckily I was released Friday and had the weekend to spend with Travis and Blair before going back to work.



We decided to postpone the Sip and See for a month or two (and thank goodness since I hadn't physically sent all of the invites out yet!). I didn't want to over-do it with going back to work, getting better and Blair having a new schedule. So we'll send out an email in a month or two when we are ready to reschedule.



Tuesday this week was my first day back at work. I feel very behind as the company has been pretty busy and I've got some "catching up" to do. It's been really nice leaving every day at 2:30pm. It gives me time to get Blair and spend the afternoon with her and Travis. The mornings have been interesting - trying to get ready while Blair is awake and getting everything packed into the car. I think after another week or two, we'll be pros and have it down. Ligia and Zoey take good care of B and keep her happy until I come to pick her up!



Friday night, we did a family date night at Pappasitos, followed up by watching Season 1 of LOST on the couch. Perfect. Friday. Yesterday, Blair and I had lunch with Ally and Hudson, Courtney, Cheryl and Kylie. We had a great time visiting and Blair enjoyed being passed around and loved on!



Blair continues to be such a good baby. She is so good natured and so sweet, she is just so wonderful. She smiles a lot and LOVES Raleigh. She smiles and talks to him often and I think he just adores her. He is always so gentle and loving to her. Blair still loves looking out the living room window and taking baths. She enjoys looking at the pictures in "Goodnight Moon" and anytime Daddy reads to her. Her neck is getting stronger and she can hold her head up on our shoulders for longer periods of time. She is just so determined to see what is going on and be upright! We have begun swaddling Blair at nights to help her sleep longer in her little baby coccoon. I am now getting about 6-7 hours on the first stretch and maybe 3-4 on the second.



The days seem to pass quickly and I can't believe that our little girl is 8 weeks old. I do my best not to think about Blair's next milestone, because I want to enjoy every second of being in the moment with her. Everyday I stare at her in awe. Her innocence, her sweet face and temperment, her smile... there is no sweeter miracle!




No comments: