Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Waiting for Harlow... 38 weeks

Yesterday was my 38 week check-up with Dr. Schmidt.  After two previous, uneventful check-ups (cervix closed), I wasn't expecting much of a change. At 38 weeks with Blair, I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  Well, wouldn't you know... Dr. Schmidt confirmed I was 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced!! I was so surprised, because I figured that Harlow was going to stay put for as long as possible and hold out for her scheduled c- section date of the 9th. Dr. Schmidt was not confident I would make it to the 9th, so we moved the date up to this Friday, the 6th. I've been feeling contractions, but nothing strong enough or frequent enough to head to the hospital. I am working all this week, but only going into the office in the mornings and working from home in the afternoons. I think this is my best chance of getting to Friday.  Hey, one can hope, right?

We are all very excited and are anxiously awaiting Harlow's arrival. I can't wait for our two sweet girls to meet each other.

Pregnancy with Blair (@38 weeks)
Weight Gain - 25-30lbs
Waist in Inches - 38"
 
Pregnancy with Harlow (@38 weeks)
Weight Gain - 25-30lbs
Waist in Inches - 41"

No comments: