Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Playing Catch-up!


Well, looks like it has been some time since I posted on the blog. I will say that I thought February was my last post – but looks like it was April & Easter. Nice. Further than I thought!

Well – it has been four months, so I guess I have some catching up to do.

I am excited to share (which most of you already know) that our family is growing! Travis and I are having another baby! Harlow Noelle will be joining us in December, just a couple of weeks before Christmas. We are so excited to meet this sweet girl and know that Blair is going to be the best big sister! We talk about Harlow all of the time. Up until she felt her kick for the first time (just a couple of weeks ago), I don’t think that she really grasped the concept. She sure does now. Watching her reaction to filling the kick was like watching a light bulb go off – very sweet!

I am now 23 weeks along and this pregnancy has been very similar to my pregnancy with Blair. I was sick during the 1st trimester and now I am feeling great and having a much easier 2nd trimester. So far I have gained 8 pounds, which Dr. Schmidt seems happy with. I definitely feel bigger than I did last time, but I think that’s the way it goes with #2! During Blair’s pregnancy I craved a lot of seafood. This time, I prefer Italian food – or any kind of pasta dish. I also find myself craving Dr. Pepper – which is slightly against my usual “Coke” norm.

Although I have been slacking on my blog, I have been keeping up my letters to each of my girls. I am hoping I can get them compiled more into a “journal” for them, but at least I am writing. With Blair growing and changing everyday – it has helped me remember the funny / sweet things she says, changes in her personality, etc. What a special little girl she is. She is a feisty little thing – but so sweet and funny and wonderful. Maybe I am bias, but I think she hangs the moon.

I’ll be catching up with other posts with pictures and things we have been up to – but I will leave you with a couple of pictures from our unofficial announcement that Blair and I did…



No comments: