Tuesday, October 2, 2012

18 Months!

Ok, so I have fallen off the wagon a little in September too! Finding time to blog is proving to be more and more difficult by the month!
Last Friday, Miss Blair turned 18 months old. She is in full blown toddler mode and is “1” going on “14.” She is still a pistol, but such an incredible joy. Wouldn’t change her for a second!
Blair has been on a “no” kick. Despite rarely saying the word at home, it has worked its way into her vocabulary. I think we can thank school (classmates) for this! And while we are pointing fingers on words, we can also throw “mine” in that category. Despite the "nos" and "mines", Blair has become very familiar with the word BUS. We see them in the morning on the way to school, and on the way home with Daddy. She is good at picking them out too. Lately, Bear has been working on her two and three syllable words. She is very deliberate with her words and is always proud of herself when she says something properly. My favorite thing she says now is, “Hi Momma!” and “Hi Dada!” It is so cute and of course, I love it.
Blair seems to be taking after her Momma with her culinary side. For a little fall treat, we got her a TON of fake food & pots & pans for her kitchen. She loves to plop herself down in the middle of the food and we make all kinds of yummy things. J
Speaking of food – Blair’s eating has slowly improved over the last month or two. I will definitely say that she eats best for Travis and “you take a bite, then I will take a bite” usually does the trick. Some of her favorites are pancakes, cheese, applesauce / those fruit and veggie pouches, chicken nuggets, graham crackers and yogurt. Not too bad, all things considered. It is a good thing she likes those fruit and veggie pouches – since that’s the best way to sneak veggies into that girl!
 
Since we have been having some cooler weather (hello, mid 80’s), we have gotten to bust out Bug’s fall wardrobe. She now wears 3T and 4T clothes, and a size 6.5 or 7 shoe. I have a pair of leopard print ballerina flats for Missy in the mail… and I think she is going to like them. She loves shoes, jewelry, bows, etc. She never wears it all for very long, but she’s interested, so that’s a win. Oh, and purses! Gramma Ancy got Blair a puppy purse – that had pink sequins. Sounds like my girl to a “T,” right? She loves it, especially with her sparkly shoes (thanks to Gammy!). 100% girl.
Blair’s sleeping has seemed to level out, in that we usually know what to expect. Her bedtime is now 7 – 7:30pm, depending on her day and mood. She still takes a nap, though they are “hit or miss” and can be anywhere from 1 hour to two and a half hours. On the weekends, she will generally take a two + hour nap. I wish she would nap more at school – but what can you do? She should be transitioning into the next class at school, so maybe with a new teacher / classmates, we can work that “peer pressure” angle again. J
We are still going to Gymboree and Blair seems to still be into it. Her sharing has really gotten better. She seems to like to help the younger kids. I am not sure the class is having quite the positive effect on her coordination (she always has some kind of bump, bruise or scratch on her face from a tumble), but she likes it anyhow.
 
Miss Sassy loves her blankets and babies and helping around the house. She is always looking to “hep,” even if that means spilling something in order to help clean it up. Sigh, all part of being a toddler. Blair loves swinging and sliding at the park (sliding by herself!), playing ball with Raleigh or Daddy and dancing and singing her heart out. We put on records during dinner and she loves it (and reminds us if we forget). She is always bouncing her head to the music and wanting to dance it out. Love her.
So, an update on my Dad. He has been gone for a week now. My Mom, my brothers and I all took him to the airport. He is still getting settled in his temporary housing and waiting to start his first actual day of work. Everything there is slllloooooooowwwwww. Nothing like working for a big company here in Houston where processes are streamlined and efficient. A lot of the city is like Oman in some ways, so I think that helps – but the company is pretty disorganized as far as on-boarding and orientations go. The good news, is that it sounds like my Dad is the first (of four) planners to arrive – so hopefully he will get his “pick” as far as work goes, plus I know his knowledge and having to feel his way through the dark – will help the other expats as they arrive. We are missing him terribly and I think about him every morning while driving on Westheimer Parkway on the way to work. And I always look at the clock and think about what time it is over there.
That’s about all I have for now… October is a busy month for us! I will do my best to post more often. Bug has her 18 month check-up on Friday, so I will update those stats when I get them! Our little light is growing fast!


 
 Playing with GREEN play dough - courtesy of Pinterest!
 
 

 
Playing with "Halloween" colored spaghetti for sensory play

Love this face she is making!

 
Modeling the tutu I made her
 

 
Offering some spaghetti to Raleigh (Ra-Ra) - he isn't quite sure about it!

Being silly
 


 
 And of course I made her an LSU tutu!

 
Love!

No comments: