Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Precious Moments

Those that know me best, know that I have always wanted to be a mother. It is in my blood. I have three younger brothers that I grew up very protective over. I still am. :)

Being a mother is hard. Harder than I ever imagined, but despite that, it is filled with such sweet, precious moments that make the memories of the hard times completely disappear.

On Sunday night, Blair woke up around 11:30pm, crying and upset. I went into her room, scooped her up and rocked with her trying to calm her down and get her back into a restful sleep. At one point, she popped her head up from my chest and leaned in to kiss me on the lips. She then looked at me with her big, sweet eyes and grabbed my face with both of her hands, sweetly kissing me again. It was so sweet and it completely melted my heart. How wonderful it is to be loved by her!! I am thankful for every second I can spend with my daughter, even if it's in the late hours of the night.


No comments: